Friday, May 15, 2015

Eulogy

Eulogy
My jewelry will raise a few eyebrows. I’ve always been fascinated by the dark and macabre.  Now before you fire & brimstone folks get all hopped up on devil worship mish-mash, let me clarify.  I was raised a Catholic.  I love GOD.  I take comfort in my religion.  My guardian angels -through God’s holy light have guided me through near-death experiences, grief, and life altering illness.  As well as the trauma’s and drama’s of everyday life.
I also believe that if you believe in GOOD, you must believe in EVIL.  How after all, can there be one without the other?  I wanted people to look at my pieces and say, “What is wrong with you?”.  And I also wanted them to say, “That’s really cool.”  To the latter my audience.  To the first -Off you go to bible thump somewhere else.  Graveyards are peaceful places, full of beauty.  The thought of death a touchstone-if you will.  A way to pause and ask yourself, what will my Eulogy read?  What have I contributed to this planet?  Never so alive as near death.
It started with Tales From The Darkside and of course Twilight Zone.  Rosemary’s Baby and The Shining were watched to extinction.  The quick dark wit of House of Yes is a must watch for all new family members.  I love altered reality to give us perspective.  And I really loved the adrenaline rush of being scared and laughing at the same time.  Later, fantastic shows came up like, Six Feet Under, Dexter and American Horror Story.  And of course my all time go to’s, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Paranormal State, Paranormal Witness and my beloved Dead Files.  If that many shows are this popular, I figured, then I must not be that odd after all.
Casey Saumure creates her creepy jewelry from her home in North Natomas.  She can be reached at (916)759-7880.  E-mail her at ruedelamort@gmail.com
#ruedelamort #zombiejewelry #skeletons #ghosts #casketplates #creepyjewelry #marieantoinette #ontheslab

No comments:

Post a Comment